FOR Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Faculty/Staff Participants:
Wake Forest University requires all faculty or staff led groups involving faculty/staff participants to complete the forms listed below. This includes programs for group travel, research, campus recreation and international service trips. The requirement extends to the School of Management, Graduate School (Reynolda Campus ONLY), Divinity School and the School of Law.
All Group leaders must provide all required forms and information to the Center for International Studies (CIS) before any funds for international travel will be disbursed by Wake Forest University.
- Submit the GROUP Travel Information Form for Faculty/Staff Led Groups with Faculty/Staff Participants (PDF). This form must have all the required signatures before group travel begins. Please read the GROUP International Travel Information Form carefully before signing.
- Submit the Guidelines for Faculty/Staff Directors (PDF). This form must be completed and returned to the CIS. If there is more than one group leader, both must complete this form.
- Submit the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk and Release Form. This form is required for all international travel if the international travel is voluntary or optional to your job. The form is not required if the travel is an integral and required part of your job. If traveling with another person (e.g. spouse or child), the form called Assumption of Risk & Release – OTHER Travelers (PDF) must be completed for each additional person.
- Submit a list of your group participants to the CIS. The list must include each participant’s full name (first, middle and last), Wake Forest ID and e-mail address.
- Submit a copy of your program itinerary with contact information to the CIS. If it is not available at the time you complete your forms, you must e-mail it to the CIS as soon as it becomes available.
- Purchase International Travel Insurance (mandatory). There are two options: the iNext card and the ITIC card (iNext is the preferred choice by Wake Forest). Both cards are good for one year from date of purchase. Applications and payment should be turned in to the CIS. Once the application is turned in to the CIS, you will receive an e-mail from iNext. You will then be asked to complete the rest of the process on-line (including uploading a photograph for the ID card). The iNext card will be mailed to you.
- Ensure each of your participants completes the Faculty/Staff Assumption of Risk and Release Form (group participants do not need to do the Individual Travel form).
- Make sure each participant completes the iNext application. If you would like, you can build the cost of the iNext card into your program cost and then batch the applications to the CIS along with a budget code and we can do a Journal Entry for the iNext card fee.
Once the complete set of Group Leader forms has been received in the Center for International Studies, the forms will be processed and copies will be sent to Financial & Accounting Services. FAS will then be able to process claims for reimbursements.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Metcalf in the Center for International Studies at 758-5938 or .
Group leader(s) must notify the CIS of any changes in participants.
Group leader(s) must contact University Police to arrange for an international security briefing for the group. Contact Ken Overholt or Bruce Sanspree at 758-5591.